OCM Company Profile
||Oriental Chain Mfg. Co., Ltd.
|Address||485 Miyanagaichimachi, Hakusan City, Ishikawa Pref., 924-0016 Japan
|Plant Building||170,000 sqft|
||JPY 1.06 billion / US$8.89 million
OCM chains are used in various equipment. The company was founded in 1947 to manufacture roller chains.
Since then OCM has been engaged in the manufacture of roller chains, conveyor chains and sprockets.
OCM is, therefore, in a position to meet customer's requirements with broad experience.
For over 65 years OCM's effort has been to solve the problems of industry.
S10 Mini Pitch Chain, the world's smallest chain and OSB Series are first manufactured by OCM,
dedicating to support various industry in the world.
Oriental Chain Mfg. Co., Ltd. was established in August, 1947 for the manufacture of bicycle chain and
industrial steel roller chain in Kanazawa City, Ishikawa Prefecture with the capital of Japanese Yen 2 million.
HISTORY OF OCM
In May, 1949, the capital was increased to JPY 10 million and manufacture of industrial roller chain
was started in July, 1949
In December, 1954, brand name of OCM was registered.
In January, 1955, OCM started manufacturing of sprockets, and heat treatment facilities
were newly built in December, 1955.
In April, 1958, the capital was increased to JPY 25 million for enlargement of power transmission parts facilities.
In April, 1959, the capital was increased to JPY 42.5 million for the establishment of second factory.
In January, 1961, Oriental Machinery Co., Ltd. was established, and the capital was increased to
JPY 100 million in April, 1961.
In August, 1961, the capital was increased to JPY 115 million for reconstruction of the first factory,
was listed on the Osaka Stock Exchange second section.
First machine workshop was completed at Oriental Machinery Co., Ltd. and started production
in September, 1962.
In April, 1963, Oriental Chain Sales Co., Ltd. was established, and power transmission department
was established in October, 1963.
In May, 1964, the capital was increased to JPY 187.11 million, and OCM was registered as a specialist for
installation of machines and tools in June, 1964.
In August, 1975, OCM started to produce pintle chains in Japan with the technology introduction
from FMC Corporation.
OCM obtained importation and selling right of the products of FMC Link-Belt Chain Division, USA.
In October, 1980, OCM head office and factory moved to Matto City, Ishikawa Prefecture.
In January, 1982, Power Transmission Group became independent from FMC Corporation and
was established as PT Components, Inc.
The company succeeded all the rights and operations of FMC.
In March, 1986, OCM absorbed Oriental Machinery Co., Ltd. and the capital was increased to
In July, 1987, the capital tie-up with PT Components, Inc. was terminated,
but business cooperation is maintained.
In August, 1988, Rexnord Corporation, USA absorbed PT Components, Inc.
and succeeded the business cooperation with OCM.
In July, 1988, Oriental Chain Sales Co., Ltd. was dissolved.
In April, 1996, ISO-9002 granted.
In September, 2001, Production of MIM (Metal Injection Mold) parts started.
In January, 2002, Technical Disclosure and License Agreement with Komatsu Ltd. on MIM was signed.
In May 2003, ISO-9001 granted.
In March 2006, Oriental Chain Mfg. Co., Ltd. was selected in 300 Active Manufacturing Small
and Medium-sized Enterprises by Japanese Government’s Small and Medium Enterprise Agency.
In August 2012, Oriental Chain Mfg. Co., Ltd. celebrated 65th year since establishment.