- Company Name
- Oriental Chain Mfg. Co., Ltd.
- 485 Miyanagaichimachi, Hakusan City, Ishikawa Pref., 924-0016 Japan
- Takeshi Nishimura
- Plant Building
- 170,000 sqft
- 372,000 sqft
- JPY 1.06 billion / US$13.25 million
OCM chains are used in various equipment. The company was founded in 1947 to manufacture roller chains. Since then OCM has been engaged in the manufacture of roller chains, conveyor chains and sprockets. OCM is, therefore, in a position to meet customer’s requirements with broad experience.
For over 70 years OCM’s effort has been to solve the problems of industry. S10 Mini Pitch Chain, the world’s smallest chain and OSB Series are first manufactured by OCM, dedicating to support various industry in the world.
Oriental Chain Mfg. Co., Ltd. was established in August, 1947 for the manufacture of bicycle chain and industrial steel roller chain in Kanazawa City, Ishikawa Prefecture.
In May, 1949,
the capital was increased to JPY 10 million and manufacture of industrial roller chain
was started in July, 1949
- In December, 1954, brand name of OCM was registered.
- In January, 1955, OCM started manufacturing of sprockets, and heat treatment facilities were newly built in December, 1955.
- In April, 1958, the capital was increased to JPY 25 million for enlargement of power transmission parts facilities.
- In April, 1959, the capital was increased to JPY 42.5 million for the establishment of second factory.
- In January, 1961, Oriental Machinery Co., Ltd. was established, and the capital was increased to JPY 100 million in April, 1961.
- In August, 1961, the capital was increased to JPY 115 million for reconstruction of the first factory, was listed on the Osaka Stock Exchange second section.
- In September, 1962, First machine workshop was completed at Oriental Machinery Co., Ltd. and started production in September, 1962.
- In April, 1963, Oriental Chain Sales Co., Ltd. was established, and power transmission department was established in October, 1963.
- In May, 1964, the capital was increased to JPY 187.11 million, and OCM was registered as a specialist for installation of machines and tools in June, 1964.
In August, 1975,
OCM started to produce pintle chains in Japan with the technology introduction from FMC Corporation.
OCM obtained importation and selling right of the products of FMC Link-Belt Chain Division, USA.
- In October, 1980, OCM head office and factory moved to Matto City, Ishikawa Prefecture.
In January, 1982,
Power Transmission Group became independent from FMC Corporation and was established as PT Components, Inc.
The company succeeded all the rights and operations of FMC.
- In March, 1986, OCM absorbed Oriental Machinery Co., Ltd. and the capital was increased to JPY1,066.95 million.
- In July, 1987, the capital tie-up with PT Components, Inc. was terminated, but business cooperation is maintained.
In August, 1988,
Rexnord Corporation, USA absorbed PT Components, Inc.
and succeeded the business cooperation with OCM.
- In July, 1988, Oriental Chain Sales Co., Ltd. was dissolved.
- In April, 1996, ISO-9002 granted.
- In September, 2001, Production of MIM (Metal Injection Mold) parts started.
- In January, 2002, Technical Disclosure and License Agreement with Komatsu Ltd. on MIM was signed.
- In May 2003, ISO-9001 granted.
- In March 2006, Oriental Chain Mfg. Co., Ltd. was selected in 300 Active Manufacturing Small and Medium-sized Enterprises by Japanese Government’s Small and Medium Enterprise Agency.
- In July 2011, Listed on the second section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange following the consolidation of the stock market.
- In August 2017, Oriental Chain Mfg. Co., Ltd. celebrated 70th year since establishment.
- In December 2017, Selected as one of Regional Future Leading Companies by Ministy of Economy, Trade and Industry.
- In October 2018, ISO14001 management system granted.